Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lost

I’m no better than a used car
Whose tires are running flat

With one of the headlights busted
And a shattered window

And all I can hear
Is the squeaking sound of my brakes

My headlights flashing
And the loud noise of cars honking

What am I doing?
Am I crazy?

Have I lost my mind?
When I ran a red light

My thoughts are thousands miles away
While my heart beats fast

And all I can remember
Are the memories of the past

As tears roll down my face
I finally realized

I’m at a crossroad
And I don’t know were I’m heading

Red lights were flashing
And I continued driving

I kept on speeding
And swerving in and out of the lanes

I was running out of gas
And there are no exits in sight

As I step on the brakes
My car kept rolling

In an unfamiliar place
Were strangers are staring

I screamed for help
But no one came

I look at the mirror
And I don’t recognize the person looking back at me

I broke all the rules
And this is where it got me

I've reached a dead end
And there's no turning back

With a broken car and a broken heart
I've lost everything that I have

With no where to go
I stand in the dark

Waiting for someone
To finally give me ride

No comments:

Post a Comment